The Women in Technology (WIT+) interest group at UNC CAUSE welcomes everyone who considers themselves an ally for promoting women in technology. Members with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ages are united by a common interest in making technology more equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
We want to work towards the following goals across the UNC System:
- Increase representation of women in technology, especially in leadership roles.
- Create a sense of belonging for women in IT at every institution and at every level where women feel empowered to have their voices heard.
- Provide support, mentoring, and networking opportunities for women in IT.
- Encourage women to support each other in the IT field.
- Provide educational opportunities for women to advance their knowledge and skills.
Furthering the Mission of UNC CAUSE
The CAUSE organization “exists for the purpose of promoting and facilitating cooperation, information exchange and technology leverage between the campuses of the UNC System in all areas related to information technology.” WIT+ will further this mission by promoting cooperation, camaraderie, and support for women in IT across the UNC system.
NC State University
UNC Chapel Hill
WIT+ Leadership Team
- Debbie Carraway
- Mardecia Bell
- Gwen Hazelhurst
- Jill Sexton
- Kelly Brown
- Kathyrn Moland
- Michelle Soler
Join the conversation and stay up-to-date on meetings via the Google Group/Mailing list: email@example.com.
See the SIG FAQ for instructions on joining a SIG Google Group.