SIG Event Guide
Types of UNC CAUSE Events
UNC CAUSE members can propose special events to be sponsored by UNC CAUSE. Any event being held in connection to UNC CAUSE or a UNC CAUSE Special Interest Group must have prior approval from the UNC CAUSE Executive Team.
There are two types of events that may take place with connection to UNC CAUSE.
- Events that require no UNC CAUSE funds
- These events are conducted in a manner that requires no funds from UNC CAUSE, but the conveners may want to market the event as UNC CAUSE-related or sponsored.
- This includes events that may be sponsored/funded by outside entities such as vendors, other organizations, or campuses.
- Events that require funds and/or event management assistance
- These events will incur costs for meeting space, food, or may require conference planning services from the Conference and Camp Services group at Appalachian State University.
Active SIGs are encouraged to present and/or in some way share information from their events. Opportunities will be made available at the annual conference.
Who can attend?
- Any member of a UNC school and the UNC System Office.
- Participation may be expanded to other NC higher education institutions, but prior approval of the expanded attendee list by the UNC CAUSE Executive committee is required.
Consider hosting events at your institution to cut down on meeting space costs, and to facilitate campus member participation.
Restrictions on in-person event locations may be applied based on financial, contractual, and/or accessibility constraints.
Events that use UNC CAUSE resources should give credit to UNC CAUSE.
We recommend a statement similar to:
[Event name] is sponsored in part by UNC CAUSE. UNC CAUSE promotes cooperation and information exchange between the campuses of the UNC system in all areas related to information technology. See https://unccause.org for more information.
An approved UNC CAUSE event may receive the following:
- Funding (if approved by the UNC CAUSE Executive Team)
- Mailings to members using MailChimp
- Access to Sched.org event organization tool
- UNC CAUSE-owned resources for event usage (easels, projectors, lanyards, and other conference-related paraphernalia)
- Conference planning services from the Conference and Camp Services group at Appalachian State University
- Advertising assistance
- Scheduling assistance, including scheduling with (before/after) the annual conference
For more information, reference the SIG Charter.