SIG is short for Special Interest Groups. These groups are comprised of individuals from UNC CAUSE member institutions that share a common interest around a topic or technology that is prevalent across institutions.
Current Approved SIGs
- Apple Managers
- Data Warehousing & Analytics
- Digital Accessibility
- G Suite for Education
- IT Governance & Policy
- IT Project Management
- IT Purchasing/Vendor Management
- IT Service Management
- Single Sign-On & Identity Management
- Student Worker
- Teaching and Learning with Technology
Join a SIG Google Group
There are several ways you can participate in a UNC CAUSE Google Group:
Option 1 – Use an existing G Suite Account
If your institutions is already a G Suite (aka Google Apps) customer, you can use your existing Google account to participate in the UNC CAUSE SIG Google Groups.
- Visit https://groups.google.com/a/unccause.org/forum/#!forumsearch/ for a list of all the UNC CAUSE Google Groups. All SIG groups start with the word “SIG”.
- Click on the group name you are interested in joining.
- Click Apply for Membership under the name of the group.
- A SIG Facilitator will be notified and will review your request.
Option 2 – Create a Google account with an existing email
You can also use your existing email address to create a Google account. This does not create a Gmail account for you but would let you access other Google Services (like Groups, Drive, Docs, etc.) as a consumer. This service is a consumer level service and isn’t covered in anyway be licensing or agreements between any institution and Google.
- Visit https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail.
- After completing the process, follow the steps in Option 1 using your new account.
Option 3 – Sign-up via form
The third option is to sign up via our SIG Sign Up Form. While this process will allow you to sign-up for multiple SIGs at one time, there is a significant delay between your request and getting added to the group as this is a manual process that will only be processed on a weekly basis.
- Complete the SIG Sign Up Form.