UNC CAUSE is an organization composed of the management and staff of the information technology based unity of the 17 campuses of the University of North Carolina. The organization exists for the purpose of promoting and facilitating cooperation, information exchange and technology leverage between the campuses of the UNC System in all areas related to information technology. The activities of this group are recognized, supported and participated in by the UNC General Administration.
Although UNC CAUSE is not an affiliate of EDUCAUSE, the groups share interests in many areas. UNC CAUSE uses this affiliation as one way to stay apprised of activities occurring on the national and international level relative to higher education and the information technology industry.
- Promote and facilitate cooperation and information interchange by holding periodic statewide meetings and providing a website of relevant information, directories, links, etc.
- Promote and facilitate forums for exchanging information with key personnel in the offices of State government.
- Promote and facilitate teamwork and camaraderie among the IT personnel and between campuses.
- Develop shared training opportunities.
- Propose, develop and help implement leveraged IT acquisitions.
- Develop, promote and facilitate other goals as needed.